Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Effective March 17, face-to-face services are currently unavailable at the Library & Learning Commons.
Research, Writing, Math, and Student Tech support will continue to be provided online.
See below for details on accessing online academic support and operations changes.
CHANGES TO OPERATIONS
Book Loans & Fees:
- At this time, you are not required to return your library books and overdue fines are not accruing
If you wish to return library books, you may do so at the Comox Valley Campus. There is a book return box located near the entrance to Discovery Hall from 8:30-4:30, Monday – Friday (excluding stat holidays).
Holds: The holds function has been disabled at this time.
Interlibrary Loans: Beginning May 1, Interlibrary Loan requests for articles will be available. Books will not be available through Interlibrary Loans.
ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
- Research support is available through:
- Students can continue to access library materials including articles, ebooks, and streaming videos remotely by logging in with your myNIC credentials.
- The Citation & Style page provides students with additional research support including guides on APA, MLA, Chicago style, Academic Integrity/Plagiarism, and Annotated Bibliographies.
- Writing Support is available to students through Write Away as well as through email at firstname.lastname@example.org where students can upload their assignments for review.
- Math Support will be delivered online via Skype For Business. Click HERE to book your appointment.
Student Tech Support
ADDITIONAL UPDATES AND RESOURCES FROM NIC
For up-to-date information on the preparation steps North Island College is taking regarding COVID-19, visit COVID-19 Information & Updates.
Library Contact & Hours | Privacy