ECU @ NIC
Access to Libraries at NIC and ECU
The libraries at Emily Carr University and North Island College are working together to provide ECU students
with efficient and effective library services. As an ECU student at NIC, you are entitled to use both the
Emily Carr University Library and the North Island College Library.
Some key facts to remember as an Emily Carr student at North Island College:
- To borrow materials at NIC, you will be issued a NIC library card upon presenting your ECU student card.
- ECU@NIC students have full offsite access to ECU Library's Electronic Resources.
Access to NIC Library's electronic databases is available on campus.
- All Emily Carr library materials, including books, videos and ECU journal articles
must be requested directly through the ECU library .
To request items, please use the ECU@NIC Request eForms .
- NIC library staff will notify you when your ECU requests have arrived. Remember to
factor in sufficient delivery time for items requested from ECU library.
- All ECU materials should be returned to NIC library by the due date.
As an Emily Carr University student, you have access to their library collections. Here's how.
Here's how to borrow books from NIC's libraries.
Access your Library account to see when items are due, renew items and more.
How many books can I take out? How long can I keep them? Check here for answers.
This step-by-step guide will help you renew your books in person, by phone, or online.
Is the book you need at another campus, or already taken out? Find out how to request a book.
For course and program-related materials not available at the NIC or ECU library, items can be borrowed from other BC libraries through interlibrary loan.
To support educational research and studies, all four of NIC's campus libraries have computers for student use.
The library has Quiet and Group Study spaces for student use at our Campbell River, Comox Valley and Port Alberni