Skip to content

Library Cards


Your Student Photo ID Card serves as your Library Card. Student Photo ID Cards are issued to you when you register through Student Services. Library privileges expire at the end of December for the fall term, at the end of June for the winter & spring terms, and at the end of August for the summer term.

Your Student Photo ID Card must be presented each time materials are borrowed. If a Student Photo ID Card has not been issued, a current Registration receipt may be presented as a temporary alternative.

Students at a Distance and NIC Centre Students

If you are unable to visit a NIC Campus, your student card will be mailed directly to you. If you have not received your card, contact Student Services at 1-250-334-5000.

Back to Top

Emily Carr University Students

Upon presentation of your ECU student card, you will be issued a NIC Library card. You must use this card for borrowing items and requesting interlibrary loan materials.

Back to Top

Faculty and Staff

Your Employee Photo ID card serves as your library card. Student Services will provide you with your Employee Photo ID card. Please present this card to sign out materials.

Back to Top

ElderCollege Members

Your ElderCollege card serves as your library card. Your ElderCollege card expires when your ElderCollege membership expires. You must present this card to sign out books.

Back to Top

Community Borrowers

A Community Borrower card is available free to members of the public who reside in the college region, and are 16 years of age or over. A card will be issued upon presentation of photo identification and proof of address. The Community Borrower card expires one year from the date of issue. You must present this card each time materials are borrowed.

Back to Top

Have a Question?

Contact your nearest campus library for help.

Campbell River:

Comox Valley:

Port Alberni:

Mt Waddington:
250-949-7912 Ext 2844