Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Health Care Assistant & Practical Nursing (HCA & PNP)
Welcome to the HCA / PNP Subject Guide
Here you will find a selection of research and clinical resources available through the NIC library.
To get help via live chat, phone, or email visit library.nic.bc.ca/researchhelp or contact your Health Services Librarian, Lynette Gallant.
For additional help with your research assignments send an email, phone, or book an appointment with me. We can meet virtually or in person. If you would like to book as a small group we can do that too!
I can help with:
- Finding & searching nursing literature
- Finding appropriate Evidence based research articles for your assignments
- With APA citations
- Getting a head start on your research assignment (concept papers, literature searches, clinical evidence, theory)
- CINHAL searching
- Systematic Reviews (Cochrane Databases)
- Medline Searching
- Clinical Resources
- Point-of-care Resources (Evidence-based care sheets CINAHL)
- Drug Guides
Search for articles and other documents using the suggested NIC databases listed below.
Access From Home
Use your myNIC credentials (student # & password) for access from home.
AskAway and library contact
Library Contact & Hours | Privacy