Outlook for Mobile Devices
In order to setup your email on your smart phone or mobile device, you can download Outlook from your device's app store:
Or you can use your device's mail app (links down below)
1. Open the Outlook app and tap on Get Started
2. Enter in your email address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) and tap on "Add Account. It may ask to "Setup Account Manually", this is fine.
3. Make sure to select "Exchange" as the email service (not Office 365)
4. Make sure "Advanced Settings" is enabled, there will now appear "Server" "Domain" and "Username".
a) For "Server", type webmail.nic.bc.ca (preferred) OR owa.nic.bc.ca
b) for "Domain", type nic.bc.ca
c) for "Username", type your student ID (eg. n9999999)
5. It will now ask you to setup another account, select "Maybe Later". Now choose if you'd like notifications, read the welcome messages, and you're all set!
How to add Exchange email to your Smart Phone using their Mail app:
Blackboard for Mobile Devices
Check your assignment due dates, grades, messages from your instructors, and a whole lot more. Just install the app on your mobile device and login using your myNIC userID and password.
For a complete listing of all the features, go Here
Get it from your device's app store:
The NIC App
The NIC app helps you stay connected with the North Island College community, and puts the complete higher education experience in the palm of your hand.
Get it Here:
The NIC app provides secured access to the following:
After you’ve downloaded the app, use your myNIC User ID and password to access your information.
Office Apps for Tablets/Smart Phones
You can download Office 365 applications for your Tablet or Smart phone.
Simply go to your mobile App Store (Google Play or App Store) and install the apps individually.
Once the apps are installed, you will be prompted to sign in using your @northislandcollege.ca email address and myNIC password.
Library Contact & Hours | Privacy