You can join your online class's video conference through the Bluejeans app. It can be installed on Mac, PC, Mobile devices (Apple/Android), and Linux.
Follow these steps, or watch the video below, to get started:
1. Download and install the application here: www.bluejeans.com/downloads
2. Open the app. Always join as a guest - There is no need to create an account. Configure your camera and microphone settings (see screenshot below).
3. Enter the meeting code for your class that was given to you by your instructor. Or open the meeting link provided to you, the app will then open automatically. Once everything is configured, Join the meeting.
4. Visit our BlueJeans "best practice" page for tips to make your meeting successful
For more information, please visit the Bluejeans website, or view the video below:
Or follow this link to test out your setup: https://diagnostics.bluejeans.com/
You can also do a test call here: https://bluejeans.com/111
Bluejeans App system requirements: https://support.bluejeans.com/s/article/BlueJeans-System-Requirements
Welcome to the NIC MediaSpace. It can be found here https://video.nic.bc.ca/
MediaSpace/Kaltura is a NIC YouTube like service where you can watch, create and share videos for your courses.
You can login by clicking here and entering your NIC credentials (eg. n9999999 and NIC Password)
"Kaltura Capture” is a video recording tool you can download and install to make videos of both yourself and your computer screen. You can find it by clicking “Add New” then click “Kaltura Capture” and then download and install for Windows or Mac.
After installing, opening the app will bring up the recording software. It looks like this. You can use this software to record your videos.
Once signed in, you can click on your name and “My Media” to access the videos you have created.
Clicking on your video and then clicking the “Actions” dropdown menu will allow you to “Launch Editor” to edit your video and to “Publish” your video as Unlisted, allowing anyone you send the Video Link to be able to watch your video.
Clicking the “Share” button will give you a link you can post or send to anyone you would like to share your video with after publishing it as unlisted. The “Embed” option in your Blackboard “My Media” will allow you to embed the video into your Blackboard course.
Microsoft Office Collaboration
Through Microsoft Office 365, NIC students can edit documents (word, powerpoint, excel, OneNote, etc.) together at the same time.
Please note: each student must be using Microsoft Office 365 in order to collaborate.
Please follow these steps or watch the video at the bottom of the page:
1. Save your file to your NIC Student OneDrive account through www.office.com
2. Share the document with your peers by clicking "Share"
3. Open the document in the web or in the Office desktop application, and begin!
Library Contact & Hours | Privacy