Creating References for Videos
Select from one of the following links for formatting and examples for each item type:
Refer to the core elements of MLA style as they apply to your resource to create your references:
- Author. (Director or Creator if focus of your work is on their contribution)
- Title of source.
- Title of container (Series, Website, etc.),
- Other contributors, (director, creator, notable actors if discussed in your work)
- Version, (director's cut, or other identifying info if different versions are available)
- Number, (season and episode)
- Publisher (Production Company),
- Publication date,
Repeat Core Elements 3-9 as needed:
- Title of Container (how film or episode was viewed ie. network it was broadcast on, streaming website, app, DVD)
- Location (URL of website where material was viewed)
Remember, all nine of the core elements may not apply to the item you are referring to. Only use those elements that apply to the work you are referencing.